Wednesday 7 November 2012

Portraits with Mamiya 645DF


I shot these portraits of my favourite models, my twin daughters Talia and Leila using the Mamiya 645DF ( I can still bribe them with a chocolate muffin but I know it won't last long...). I am trying out a lot of different cameras to decide on an upgrade  and wanted to try out a high end digital camera to test possibilities so I borrowed one from the university where I lecture. At the moment, I am still using my Mamiya 7II and Fuji 645zi for commissions and exhibition quality prints plus a range of Nikon digital cameras for smaller scale projects. These cameras always produced amazing quality at the same time as being light and versatile. 

Talia in Sunlit Room 1 © Leslie Hakim-Dowek 2012

I loved the clarity of the pictures and the rendering of skin tones and colour subtlety is certainly of beautiful quality but I expected the battery juice to last a tad longer. The latter plus it size and weight would place it firmly just for studio use for me so  I will keep looking for the best possible combination of image quality and versatility. 



Leila in Kimono Top © Leslie Hakim-Dowek 2012
 
Talia in Sunlit Room 3 © Leslie Hakim-Dowek 2012


Labels: , , ,

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home

Follow @LeslieHDowek